As you may be aware, His Excellency, The President has recently recognised the important role of churches in our nation and has thus permitted gathering of up to 50 adults. We have been waiting for an SI outlining the details of this which has not been forthcoming which is why we are not having a church meeting this weekend(21st of June), but will continue with an online message. However, after some thought and discussion we have decided to start up church meetings again from 28 June.
The rules outlines are:
- that we are required to sanitise the building before and after each meeting ;
- everyone must wear a mask (except young children) (which can be removed for praise and worship only);
- everyone must have their temperature taken at the building entrance and those over 38 degrees will not be permitted entry, and referred for COCID-19 testing;
- everyone has their hands sanitised on entry;
- observe social distancing of 1m from each person who is NOT a member of your immediate family or place of residence.
With this in mind, we are proposing:
- to provide thermometer and sanitising materials;
- to provide disposable face masks for those who do not have;
- to provide one row of seating for every family with an empty row in front and behind. Single people and couples will be allocated seats; where 2 free seats are left between them and the next person/couple
- to provide 5 rooms for families with small children with audio and video available;
- we will NOT provide tea/coffee/snacks after the service;
- there will be NO Children’s church because social distancing of children is difficult to manage;
- we will NOT provide children’s toys, crayons or paper. You will need to bring your own, preferable not noisy toys unless you require a room;
- we will make sure the service will only last 1 hour.
YOU will be required
- to BOOK your seat/room with Ropa by THURSDAY 1pm ;
- you will need to state how many people will accompany you e.g. 2 adults and 3 small children so that we can allocate rooms/seats that will be suitable for you;
- If there is another family you frequently associate with, you may share a room, with their consent;
- to fill your seat by 9:05am on Sunday or risk forfeiting your seat to someone who has just turned up (walk-ins) If YOU feel insecure about attending church or if YOU OR YOUR CHILDREN feel even slightly unwell with any cold or flu-like symptoms, PLEASE STAY AT HOME! The sermons are always available online, usually the same day. Hebrews 10:25 encourages us “not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (NIV). So, we’d love you to join us if you’re well and we’d love you to have fellowship with each other from a safe social distance. If you need prayer for healing, please call the office and someone will attend to you. We look forward to seeing you all.
Rob Hollands (Lead Elder) – for and on behalf of the elders.